Welcome to Hastings Gateway
Located at the junction of Wauchope railway line and Oxley Highway. It intention is for community participation in further development of the wonderful Hastings region.
The purpose of this initial web site is to:
- Provide background to the Gateway Projects
- Provide regular updates on Gateway development progress
- Invite membership and participation in Gateway activities; and
- Include contact information
Initial Gateway projects are:
- Restoration of the heritage Cottage and Courtroom….currently in action
- Construction of a Memorial Garden around the historical cottages …plans drawn
- Cafe construction… remains waiting in the wings!
Some of the future projects are outlined under “Future Projects”
Hastings Gateway was established to provide broad based facilities to serve the whole Hastings Valley community. In particular, it was established to address the perceived significant community needs in the Wauchope and Hastings District.
A major objective in the establishment of the Hastings Gateway project was to ensure wide consultation with community groups, and the three tiers of Government. All have provided their full and enthusiastic support which is paramount for the success of the project.
Hastings Gateway is managed by a board of Directors chosen on the basis of their business and professional skills and with knowledge of local community needs.